Prayer for Healing, Restoration and a New Beginning



Heavenly Father,

I come before You just as I am, carrying the story of my life, my joys, my wounds, my disappointments, my hopes and my dreams.

Today, I choose to begin again.

Lord Jesus Christ, I want to return to my first love for You. There was a time when my heart was drawn to You with simplicity, trust and joy. Somewhere along the journey, life became heavy, wounds became deep, and my relationship with You was affected.

But today I hear You calling me back.

Take me back, Lord, not simply to the person I once was, but to the person You are calling me to become.

Give me a heart that longs for You again. Restore in me the desire to pray, to worship, to seek Your presence and to walk closely with You. When I become tired or distracted, remind me that You have never abandoned me.

Jesus, I choose You again.
Jesus, I give You my life again.
Jesus, be my first love again.

Mother Mary, Walk With Me

Blessed Mother Mary, I place myself under your maternal care.

Teach me to love Jesus as you loved Him. Teach me your humility, your obedience, your courage and your trust in God.

Help me to become consistent and disciplined in my devotion to you. When I am tempted to neglect prayer, gently lead me back. When I am discouraged, remind me to ponder God's promises in my heart.

Mother Mary, pray for me as I begin this new chapter of my life.

Lead me always to your Son.

Mary, Mother of God, pray for me.
Mary, Mother of healing, pray for me.
Mary, Mother of hope, pray for me.
Mary, teach me to say “yes” to God again.

Lord, Give Me a Hunger for Your Word

Holy Spirit, awaken in me a new hunger for Sacred Scripture.

Give me discipline to read Your Word, even when I do not feel like reading. Help me not merely to read the Bible, but to allow the Bible to read my heart.

Let Your Word become light where there has been darkness, truth where there have been lies, peace where there has been fear, and hope where there has been despair.

May I discover in Scripture the voice of a Father who loves me and never intended for me to live under the weight of my past.

Healing My Past

Father, You know my childhood.

You know the things I experienced that I could not understand when I was young.

You know the moments when elders and relatives were cruel to me. You know the words that wounded me, the treatment that humiliated me, the experiences that made me afraid, insecure or unsure of my worth.

I bring all of this before You now.

I do not want to carry this pain forever.

I cannot change what happened to me, but I surrender to You the power that those experiences have had over my life.

Heal the little child within me who was hurt.

Heal the memories I have tried to forget.

Heal the places in my heart where anger, fear, shame, rejection and bitterness have taken root.

Where I learned to believe that I was not good enough, speak Your truth over me:

“You are my beloved.”

Where I learned to fear rejection, teach me that I am accepted and loved.

Where I learned to protect myself through anger or silence, teach me new ways of responding.

Where I learned unhealthy patterns from those who hurt me, give me the courage to choose something different.

Breaking the Cycle

Lord, I make a commitment before You today:

The pain I inherited will not become the pain I pass on.

I do not want the wounds of my past to determine how I treat my children, my family or the people You place in my life.

Give me wisdom to recognise when my wounds are speaking louder than my love.

Give me patience when I am provoked.

Give me humility to apologise when I am wrong.

Give me courage to seek help when I need it.

Give me grace to forgive without pretending that what happened was acceptable.

Help me to become the person who breaks the cycle.

Let my children experience from me the love, safety, encouragement, tenderness and affirmation that every child deserves.

May my family encounter in me a new beginning.

Restoration

Lord Jesus, I surrender my past to You.

I surrender the people who hurt me.

I surrender the memories I still carry.

I surrender my fears about the future.

I surrender my weaknesses and my failures.

I surrender my family.

I surrender my children.

I surrender myself.

Take what has been broken and begin to restore it.

Take what has been wounded and begin to heal it.

Take what has been lost and lead me towards what is new.

Teach me that healing is a journey. Give me patience with myself. When I fall, help me to get up. When I fail, help me to begin again. When old wounds return, remind me that they do not have the final word over my life.

My past is part of my story, but it is not the author of my future.
My wounds are part of me, but they do not define me.
I am not what happened to me.
I am Your beloved child.

My Commitment Today

From this day forward, Lord, I commit myself to three things:

I will return to my first love — Jesus Christ.

I will cultivate consistency and discipline in my devotion to Mother Mary.

I will make Sacred Scripture part of my daily life.

And as I walk this journey of healing, I commit myself to becoming a healthier, gentler and more loving person for myself and for my family.

When I cannot walk, carry me.

When I cannot pray, pray within me.

When I cannot understand, give me faith.

When I am tempted to return to old ways, give me strength.

When I am overwhelmed by my past, remind me that You are already preparing my future.

My New Beginning

Father, today I place a new beginning in Your hands.

I choose healing.

I choose forgiveness.

I choose discipline.

I choose prayer.

I choose Your Word.

I choose love.

I choose peace.

I choose Christ.

May the Holy Spirit renew my mind, heal my heart and transform my relationships.

May Mary, my Mother, accompany me on this journey and continually lead me closer to Jesus.

And may my life become a testimony that what was wounded can be healed, what was broken can be restored, and what began in pain does not have to end in pain.

I am ready to begin again.

Jesus, take my past.
Jesus, bless my present.
Jesus, lead my future.

I place my whole life into Your hands.

Amen.

Comments